Thursday, May 13, 2010

Exhausted.

Work this week has been all-consuming, and I don't think I'm doing a very good job of taking care of myself in the meantime.

The beginning of the week, we were having our sales meetings company-wide, which meant I didn't get much work done outside that. I have several projects to complete by the end of the month, and I'm feeling stressy, but not under enough pressure yet to do my best under-the-wire work.

With our Monday meeting starting in the late afternoon, we got to have a "happy hour" with some yummy wine, and a (free!) dinner afterward. After that, I just wanted to go home and chill, but I let some people guilt me into going out and ended up staying out way later than I wanted to. It was a good time, we chilled out at a bar and had a good time, but by the time I came back and went to sleep, it was later than I wanted or needed.

I woke up in the middle of the night last night not feeling well. Hmmm, I wonder why that is? MAYYYYYBE it's because ... I haven't been getting enough sleep, I haven't been eating healthy (fruit snacks, cereal bars and dessert does not = great energy and confidence), I don't feel like I'm keeping on top of the things I want to do both in work and especially outside of work. I haven't been going to the gym consistently, which isn't good for my stress levels or well-being.

Most of all, I hate to admit that one of my professors may have been right: life is like a never-ending Thursday. I hate that. I would say I'm pretty happy with life, but I wish I had a little more passion for the everyday.

In other news ...
• Elliott was diagnosed with kitty acne (!!), and I think she might be allergic to the shampoo they gave me, because her chin looks wayyyy worse now. I'm trying to give it time to let it heal before I try a new astringent the vet gave me, but she keeps scratching her chin bloody. My poor baby! My cat at my parents' house, Tugger, had acne before, and my mom said she just used CLEARASIL and it healed him up! Haha, if worse comes to worse, I'm totally trying that.
• My sister is coming to see me this weekend! We're going to try on bridesmaids dresses, and I'm taking her out for sushi, since no one else in my family will let her!
• I may have some good church news in the next few weeks ...

1 comment:

The Julie said...

Smoky had kitty acne back in the day. The vet said it was from drinking from a plastic bowl!

What is your church news?

Miss you! <3