Sunday, February 28, 2010

WINNER!

My future sister-in-law Steph nominated me for a "beautiful blogger" award! Yay! Thank you for thinking of me (and for reading!).



If you’ve been nominated, here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Copy/Paste the award to your blog.
3. Tell us 7 interesting facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 7 bloggers you love and link to their blog.

Seven interesting things about myself:
1) I gave up meat for Lent, and am a little outraged by how few vegetarian items there are at any given restaurant.
2) I named my cat, Elliott, after a character on Scrubs. Scrubs is the only medical show I will watch, because it has nothing to do with actual medicine.
3) My grandma and I are both in book clubs, and we like to share books.
4) My to-do iPhone app is my lifesaver, because it means I spend less time writing lists and more time doing the things on it.
5) I miss cooking. Over the summer I cooked a lot, and I have a lot of things I want to try. Let me cook for you!!!
6) I have been living in College Station for almost a year. I didn't realize that until a couple weeks ago. HOW did time go so fast?!
7) I love coupons.

Here are my “beautiful blogger” nominees (and yes, I know some of them might be considered "cheating" since they won't repost ... but oh well!):
1) From Okie to L.A. Rookie chronicles the life and times of my wonderful friend Lola, who moved out to Los Angeles after college to pursue screenwriting. Oh, and bee-tee-dubs, she writes about the celebrities she sees a lot! :)
2) Sarah has been writing Plenty of Paper for ages, but she writes with such a witty style that I am very jealous of! :) She used to live in C-Stat too, so it's fun to try to make her guess what places I'm writing about!
3) I'm very proud of my friend Meg for writing Heald Family Fitness Camp, as fitness and health can be intensely personal topics, and it is brave of her to post everything she does!
4) Caitlyn writes My Ever-Wandering Heart, and I find her writing to be a huge blessing. She reminds me of all the great things God teaches us when we're not paying attention, and all the things we are blessed with that we don't thank Him for enough.
5) I don't remember when I stumbled upon Cheap Healthy Good, but let me tell you, this is my style of cooking! Not to mention all the great, sometimes unusual recipes, but the writing is fun and the once-a-week newslinks are always fun to read (there are some weeeeeird things on the interwebs, ya'll)!
6) By far one of my favorites EVER, Go Fug Yourself is the brainchild of two snarky celebrity fashion bloggers. Not only are they hilarious and dead-on, but they created a March activity for the ladies ... Fug Madness! (You'll hear more about this later, I'm sure.)
7) Of all the blogs I subscribed to while looking for inspiration, Weddingbee has been the most useful and fun by far. With tons of "Miss" and "Mrs." bloggers, it's wedding planning the way I like it: with great deals, lots of how-tos and honesty!

With the exception of my "cheat" blogs, everyone else has to...
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Copy/Paste the award to your blog.
3. Tell us 7 interesting facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 7 bloggers you love and link to their blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE A WINNER, ALLIE!

Thanks for the nom. I try. Haha.

<3