Saturday, December 19, 2009

Party trifecta!

I've been thinking in movie/TV quotes more than usual this week. If you can guess what TV show that's from, I'll buy you a cookie.

It's barely 8 a.m. on a Saturday - my only day to sleep in! - and I'm awake because SOME DUMB CAT (ELLIOTT) won't stop jumping on things and making noises. Ugh.

I feel really crummy this morning, most likely due to the massive amount of sugar I consumed yesterday. We had our office Christmas party, and we had catered in delishhhhh food, and there was candy scattered all over all the tables and ... well I need to learn a little self-control. After work I got all dressed up for Matt's friend's rehearsal dinner, and they were trying to pawn off all their dessert food afterwards, and somehow I ended up with an entire pie. I was like, great, what am I going to do with this? I can't let myself eat a whole pie! I tried to give it away to one of my neighbors, who was outside smoking when I got home, and he took half of it, but was all, "I can't take your whole pie from you!" and I'm like, "PLEASE, I don't need to keep a pie in my house." I don't keep sugary stuff at home, because if it's there I'll eat it. I do enough of that at work every day. Plus this guy has kids, kids love pie. Well, at least now I only have half a pie to worry about, and someone suggested freezing it, so maybe I'll do that.

The rehearsal dinner was in this really cute art gallery that was full of Aggie-related pictures. There were a lot of pictures of the various Reveilles and a lot of football pictures - even pictures of Aggies playing football with Longhorns - so I asked Matt where were the pictures of the Aggies playing the Sooners, and he said that since OU wasn't in their fight song, we weren't special. I beg to differ, sir, I beg to differ. There was also a train caboose outside, and it was just a cute place overall.

I hope my stories are at least somewhat interesting, ya'll. I try to take mundane things and make them sound cooler than they actually are (without exaggerating) because really I'm not that exciting in my day-to-day life. So I hope my pointless Allie stories are amusing, if nothing else. Have any suggestions about things for me to write about? I will totally do it. :)

Last weekend was the biannual Percussion Studio show, which was awesome. The theme was YouTube videos, and there were a lot of creative things done for it. Then, mid-week after all the college kiddies were done with finals, Percussion Studio did their annual boxer gift exchange (everyone brings boxers and Yankee Swap ensues). Ended up with some South Park boxers that are really soft, so now I have some new PJ pants? Somehow, awesomely, I have become an honorary PS member, along with another friend, Jackie, whose boyfriend is also in Studio. We end up at all their events and we're just awesome that way. ANYWAY. That party was followed by another party for being done with finals, and I went for an hour or two, but since it was a Wednesday night and I am an old woman who has to work, I left like, five hours (!!) before everyone else.

Today is the wedding (Matt's a groomsman, hopefully I can remember how to get to the church...), tomorrow my book club is doing a White Elephant gift swap and hors d'ouevres. Things are crazy! Hope your weekend is awesome too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Allie stories. They make me smile. It sounds like your entries are more interesting than mine. I pretty much say the same thing every time.

"Kids like pie" - lol, awesome quote. May I use it?

Allie said...

I like your entries! I can't wait to see your web series when it's done. You may use "kids like pie" lol.

Pam said...

I love your Allie stories! :)

Julie said...

Hope the wedding went well. Can't wait to see you sometime!