Sunday, December 6, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like ... COLD!

After weeks and weeks of warm when everywhere else has been frigid, it finally got cold here in C-Stat. It's MISERABLE! It didn't just get cold, it got cold and rainy. Yuck.
So I'm not going to lie, the reason I haven't posted anything lately is because I've fallen into a bit of a slump. I go to work, I come home, and I either park on the couch and watch whatever's on TV or I putz around the house and/or cook something while watching whatever's on TV. I wouldn't say I am particularly happy with this arrangement - but the past few weeks have been busy enough to keep me from being too miserable about it. But now that I have nowhere to be until Christmas ... I am lonely sitting around doing nothing all the time.

I'll do a quick rundown for anyone who's interested. What have I been up to lately?
• A few weeks ago, Matt and I took a road trip up to Oklahoma. Alyson and Nash and Lola were all coming into town too, so we got together and went out for drinks, and a watch party at Meg's for the OU/A&M football game, and another party with some other friends that are still in town. It was so much fun, and I miss them all so much!
• The week after that, I went on my first business trip! LAS VEGAS! I'd never been before, and I was only there for about three days, but it was FABULOUS! I wish I'd had more time to explore, but we had to work all day in our trade show booth. I need to plan another trip to go back, because I didn't get to see very many of the hotels! (I was staying in Circus Circus, and we only got to see Wynn, Bellagio, Caesar's Palace and Paris. Wynn was ridiculous - there was a Ferrari dealer inside the hotel!) Needless to say, very glad I had the opportunity to go.
• The NEXT week (see where this is going?) was Thanksgiving, and Matt and I headed to visit my grandparents, where we were having Thanksgiving with my family, and his parents were coming up to meet my family. After Thanksgiving "dinner," we headed down to Austin to see his family and also go to his cousin's wedding.

After all that ... this was all I wanted to do. (And I just took this cute pic of my kitty.)

Anyway, back to the main point - I'm finally back home for a while. Hooray! My sister came in to see me this weekend. (She is lonely too, now that she is living back at home and is in a long-distance relationship.) It gave me an excuse to find things to do, and I compiled a list of things to do now so that I don't sit around my house all the time. We went Christmas shopping (and regular shopping!) and had a good time. We went to go see the wind tunnel that Matt's been working on for the past, oh forever, which was pretty sweet (and now I know what Matt does for a living!). Hehe. Aaaaand now my house is a disaster, with dishes piled everywhere and trashes overflowing, and is generally gross, and it is NOT cool. But I am looking forward to this week now.

No comments: