Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Oh, hello there.

Hi ya'll. *Sheepish smile* I'm sorry I haven't been around a whole lot. I started this blog because I wanted to share my adventures and misadventures, but I haven't been doing a very good job. I haven't been doing a good job at having adventures either. So here are some things that are going on:

• This week our church is hosting an organization called Family Promise, where we provide dinner and hang out with some local homeless families that shuttle from church to church. Last time we did this it was a lot of fun, since one of the little girls' birthday was that night, so we had a little party with cake and ice cream for her.

• I've been going to the gym fairly consistently! Meg started a Facebook "support" group for the Couch to 5K running program, and so far I'm sticking with it! Woohoo, go me!

• Matt and I have started "Souper Salad Tuesdays." Yum.

• We went to Schlitterbahn last weekend. It was uhmazing. So glad we got to go! I don't think I'd been there since Pam, Anna and I went for our senior (in high school!) trip, where Anna kept pinching dudes' butts.

• We also went to see the Astros' AAA baseball team, the Round Rock Express play the Oklahoma Redhawks (Rangers' AAA team). The Express aren't very good, but the Redhawks are awesome, and it was a fun game.

• I started a blog specifically for wedding planning, since I didn't want to clutter this one up with all that stuff since that's not really what ya'll started reading my blog for. If you're interested in the new one, let me know and I'll send you the link. I'm hoping to apply to blog for Weddingbee in the next month or so! I will defo keep ya'll updated if/when that happens. :)

Ya'll, I don't feel like I do a whole lot these days, but somehow I wind up totally exhausted. I think hoarding my vacation time is probably bad for me, but if I want to take a couple weeks off next year then it's a necessary evil. I'm slightly overwhelmed a lot of the time, but I hide it well by either throwing myself into projects or shutting down completely. I never did learn about balance. :)

So now I'm heading home so I can play with my kitty-boo for a little bit, and then we're going to try this new experiment called HAHA YOU'RE LOCKED IN THE OTHER BEDROOM, where I lock her up at night in a room that is not mine. My parents have always done this with our cats, locking them in the laundry room at night so they know when it's bedtime and they go to sleep and everything is happy. Well, whenever I'm at work, she sleeps. And when I'm not at work, I'm likely sleeping. Elliott takes it upon herself to get attention. By biting me. A lot. While I'm sleeping. I get so frustrated with her for doing this, and I rarely get a good night's sleep because of it, and I think it will be better if I can teach her that night time is sleeping time. I anticipate her howling her head off for a few nights, but through two closed doors, I will gladly take that over nicked arms.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Let me know where you wedding blog is, please! I have 3 months to put on a wedding, so it would be nice to see somebody do it at a more leisurely place. You can send it to me on Facebook if you want. :-)