Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Precious vacation time

Had a great extended weekend! Matt and I had planned to go camping, but those plans were botched when everybody else had the same idea. Instead, we planned a mini Texas road trip for Sunday and Monday. But first ...

• My grandparents came into town on Saturday to take us out to a congratulatory lunch at Cafe Eccell, which is quickly becoming one of my new faves.
• Jackie came over Saturday night and we talked wedding goodies! I am so glad I know someone else who is wedding planning at the same time as me, because it makes me feel more sane knowing I'm not the only one worried about little details.

Then bright and early Sunday morning we were on our way! We planned to stop by Matt's parents' house in Austin, so we stopped at a national park along the way to go hiking and play frisbee. Then onward! Had a relaxing evening hanging out with his parents and playing Trivial Pursuit. Next morning, up early for real so we could make it to the Spoetzl Brewery in Shiner for some Bier! If you haven't been, it's a pretty fun tour, and the beer is really good. We also bought some pint glasses and Shiner coasters so we can drink classy at home! Along the way we checked out some historic landmarks and a few of the Painted Churches of Texas. Up to Brenham to go to the Blue Bell Creamery for some ice cream, but since it's spring break, everyone else had the same idea, and their tours were full for the day, so we bought some ice cream and sat outside to eat before heading back home.

Tonight I'm going to get sushi with some book club people ... I've never had anything but California rolls, so I'm a little scared, but hopefully it will be okay!

No comments: