Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Blogging has been on my to-do list for a couple days, so I guess I should get on that.

After all, I know you all find my words RIVETING. But YOU know how much I like crossing things off lists, so let's get to it.

Last week, I tried a lot of local food. I won't get into it, because food is not that interesting if you don't know what I'm talking about. (Sarah: Pho John's and Los Cucos. Both MMMMMMM.) Let's just say that local Mexican gives El Fenix a run for its money, and NOBODY puts El Fenix in a corner.

I need to do dishes in a bad way. Also, I know my newspaper amigos will be sad, but I changed my newspaper subscription today so that I will only get it on Sundays (for the coupons!) instead of every day. I don't have time to read it every day, so it piles up and looks like this ... and I'm tired of my living room looking like this. Note the cute new shoes, which I bought while my sister was in town.

WHICH LEADS TO MY NEXT TOPIC ... this past weekend, my sister came into town. I love my sister, and I'm glad we don't live in the same house anymore, because we get along fantastically now that we don't. We got to catch up (on both life and the fourth season of How I Met Your Mother, since she hadn't seen any of it yet). Saturday, Matt took us to an airshow in Bryan that he'd heard about, so we went out to this Air Force runway thing where they had all this little two- and four-person airplanes set up, and they had pilots doing formations in the sky. It was pretty cool, and Matt was pretty much in heaven. Afterwards, we went to get barbecue at C&J's, and the OU/texas game was on, at the point where OU was actually winning. I was wearing my OU shirt, and Rachel was wearing my OU sweatshirt, and there were a bunch of guys there who were doing a little smack talk, and I was slightly confused, because I thought all Aggies hated Texas all the time. Apparently when it's Texas vs. other states though, Texas wins? I am still getting the hang of this. It's weird here.

After a nap and Freebirds nachos (Rachel always insists on going to Freebirds every single time she comes to town), we went to play minigolf and arcade games, and we attempted to play Dance Dance Revolution like we'd never stopped five years ago. Two songs in and we were failing and out of breath, but it was way fun.

On Sunday she went to hang out with one of her friends from middle school who is in college here, so I went shopping for a couple of things. When all of my friends graduated college the semester before me, they gave me a ton of shelving, minor furniture and cleaning supplies, all of which I have put to good use, because I'm into free stuff. Well, I acquired this little metal rack that I had been using as a pantry, until I came home with groceries last week and realized I couldn't fit everything on it anymore. So I bought these awesome shelves, and now I have tons of space to store my foodstuffs. (Sorry about the picture being sideways, it uploaded wrong and I'm too lazy to fix it.) I also complain daily about how cold my office is at work, so I went to buy a space heater to keep under my desk. I unpacked it and put it with my stuff to take to work, and ... it's defective. I'm taking it back tomorrow. Fail.

That's all I have, and I'm sure ya'll were all bored out of your minds about six paragraphs ago, so I'll go. *Checks off to-do list*

2 comments:

Amy said...

I don't know what it is about 1-bedroom apartments, but they never have enough food shelving. I remember storing my food, school stuff, jackets, and spare ligtbulb-esque supplies in the one closet in my combined living room/kitchen. I had no room in the actual kitchen for dry goods as I'd used it all up for my dishes!

Allie said...

Totally! I only have two drawers in my whole kitchen, both of which are full of silverware and other cooking utensils. Where is everything else supposed to go?